Citizen Cooling Solutions Limited is the leading exfoliator and supplier in Kenya of high-quality exfoliated vermiculite.
Vermiculite is a mineral that occurs naturally and expands into long strands when exposed to heat through a process known as exfoliation. The exfoliated vermiculite is light in weight and has poor thermal conductivity.
In Kenya, exfoliated vermiculite is mainly used in agriculture, horticulture, animal feeds, construction, thermal insulation such as pizza ovens and furnaces, sound insulation, fireproofing among many other applications.
Our vermiculite comes in various grades, from large, coarse, medium, fine, and superfine.
Our company sustains the momentum, always conquering new milestones and strong in its long-standing belief that the best is still on the way.
Key Properties of Vermiculite
- Chemically and biologically inert
- Low thermal and electrical conductivity, good thermal insulation
- Odorless and high liquid absorption capacity
- Non-combustible, low density
- Fusion temperature of 1260°C
- Good Aeration
Roots must have an adequate level of oxygen from the soil and aeration is the process that facilitates oxygen exchange.
- High cation exchange capacity (CEC)
CEC indicates the value of a soil to retain cation nutrients. The cation process captures available nutrients, ammonia (nitrogen ions), magnesium, potassium, and calcium for slow release
- Thermal ‘insulating’ properties
- Vermiculite has excellent insulation properties
- Neutral Carrier
Vermiculite is a registered animal feed carrier used in pre-mixes in the animal feed industry.
Vermiculite aggregates have been used in fire-proofing products for decades.
- High water retention capacity optimizing water efficiency
It enhances germination, root, and shoot development. Vermiculite continues to provide the benefits of moisture retention throughout the growth cycle.
Common Applications of Vermiculite
In general coarser grades of vermiculite are used for loose-fill insulation and horticulture, whilst finer grades are used in building boards/plasters and in carrier applications for animal feeds and fertilizers.
Below are some of the main sectors where vermiculite is used:
- Seed Germination
- Blocking Mixes
- Potting Mixes
- Sowing Composts
- Absorbent Packing for Hazardous Goods
- Brake Pads & Brake Shoes
- Fireproof Safes
- Fixation of Hazardous Material
- Furnaces –e.g for Industry and Tobacco Barns
- Insulation Blocks & Shapes
- Insulation – High & Low Temperature
- Molten Metal Insulation
- Nuclear Waste Disposal
- Soil Conditioner
- Animal Feed
- Anti-Caking Material
- Bulking Agent
- Fertilizer Carrier
- Pesticide Carrier
- Seed Encapsulation
- Acoustic Finishes
- Passive Fire Protection
- Floor & Roof Screeds
- Insulating and Light-Weight Concrete
- Gypsum Plasterboard
- Loose fill Loft Insulation
- Sound Deadening Compounds
There are no reviews yet.