Expanded Polystyrene in Nairobi, Kenya
Expanded Polystyrene is an increasingly popular building material. EPS (aka styrofoam) panels sandwiched between layers of wire mesh.
EPS building panels are versatile, sturdy and cost-effective. They can be used for a wide range of building elements: load-bearing walls, floors, roofing, stairs, partitions and curtain walls.
The wire mesh allows concrete stucco to be easily sprayed onto the panels.This system provides a strong wall with a smooth concrete finish.
We supply Expanded Polystyrene boards in Nairobi, Kenya. This EPS panel is reinforced with galvanized wire on both sides
- Standard panel size of 1.2m x 3m (1200mm*3000mm)
- Thickness of 80mm, 100mm, and 120mm
- EPS Wall Panels also available
- EPS density >15kg/m3
- EPS Panel weight is approximately 15kg
- Load bearing walls (internal or external) when shotcreted
- Non-load bearing partition walls (internal) when plastered
Expanded Polystyrene panels new technology building and partitioning boards are made from formed Expanded Polystyrene blocks (Styrofoam as people call it) cut to desired dimensions and covered on either side with electro-welded high tensile steel wire mesh joined by steel wire connectors through the panel core to form a three dimensional hyper static composite of steel mesh and EPS core.
Our EPS panels have a minimum density of 15kg/m3 with double connectors and transverse steel mesh area of 101mm2/m; making them one of the most rigid and structurally sound panels in the Kenyan market.
EPS Panels (Expanded polystyrene) is a new technology building and partitioning panels in Kenya both for residential and commercial construction. The system results in reduced concrete and steel reinforcement quantities thereby saving costs. EPS is light-weight, resulting in lower labor costs, form work and construction time and, therefore, overall construction cost reduction.
Expanded Polystyrene Board is a lightweight, rigid, closed cell insulation. EPS is available in several compressive strengths to withstand load and back-fill forces. This closed-cell structure provides minimal water absorption and low vapor permanence.
Advantages of EPS Panels
Some of the advantages of using EPS technology in building residential and commercial houses includes;
- High load bearing capacity at low weight
- Effective and durable thermal insulation
- Absolute water and vapor barrier
- Air-tightness for controlled environments
- Long life, low maintenance
- Lightweight, fast and economic construction
- Most cost effective insulation material available
There are no reviews yet.